Welcome Back
Harbour View move clear

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Harbour View move clear on Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:05 pm



by the jamaican star
Andre Lowe, Senior Staff Reporter

Tivoli Gardens striker Navion Boyd and Harbour View defender Kimarlee Brissett chase the ball during their Digicel Premier League match at the Edward Seaga Sports Complex recently. Harbour View won the game 1-0. - Ian Allen

Harbour View extended their lead atop the Digicel Premier League to four points after outlasting host Tivoli Gardens 1-0 in their game at the Edward Seaga Sports Complex last night.

Young midfielder Andre Steele got the all-important goal in the 17th minute with a well-taken strike at the top of the penalty box. Steele dismissed his marker with his first touch before coolly dispatching his shot in the top left-hand corner of the goal beyond the hapless Julian McLeish in goal.

The hosts stepped up their efforts after the goal but could not find an equaliser after some wasteful finishing from top striker Navion Boyd and solid play from towering defender Dicoy Williams.

The second half saw more enterprise from the defending champions; however, it was Harbour View who had the better of the chances with Ranique Muir and Jermaine Hue trading efforts in the last few moments which could have put the match beyond doubt.

Harbour View coach Donovan Hayles hailed his team's discipline, especially in their defensive duties as his team extended their tally to 39 points.

Said Hayles, "I must give credit to Tivoli, they dominated in terms of possession of the ball but I think we played well on the counter. The strategy was to score first and I was always confident that we could have done it defensive-wise. All season we have been defending well and tonight was no less."

Lenworth Hyde Sr was not satisfied with his team's offensive exploits and rued their missed chances.

"I don't think we created enough chances and that's why they (Harbour View) won the game. I think they played well and defended their one goal advantage and when you are playing against Harbour View, when you get your chances, you must put them away and I think we paid for that today," said Hyde Sr.

At Collie Smith Drive, home team Boys' Town tagged neighbours Arnett Gardens 2-0 with goals coming from George Vernal (2nd minute) and substitute Peter Keyes who scored five minutes after coming into the game in the 63rd minute.

Meanwhile, Sporting Central Academy got the better of strugglers August Town with Oneka Ford scoring twice in the 33rd and 88th minutes respectively.

Rivoli ambushed end of First Round finalist St Georges 2-0 inside the Spanish Town Prison Oval with Valentine Gardener (50th minute) and Devon Hodges (74th minute) getting the goals in that matchup. At the Waterhouse mini stadium striker Kevin Lamey kept Waterhouse on course for a place in the second end-of-round final, netting in the 37th minute to secure a 1-0 over Portmore United. At the Elliston Wakeland Centre Kimroy Davis' 90th-minute strike saw vistors Humble Lions clip Village 1-0.

Boys' Town keeper Kirk Porter collects the ball ahead of his teammate Shane Edwards and Arnett Gardens' Rohan Reid in their Digicel Premier League football match at Collie Smith Drive. Boys' Town won 2-0. - Ian Allen

Yesterday's results

Harbour View 1 Tivoli Gardens 0

Boys' Town 2 Arnett Gardens 0

Sporting Central 2 August Town 0

Waterhouse 1 Portmore United 0

Rivoli 2 St Georges 0

Village 0 Humble Lions 1.

Face Book Fan Page>>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum


Chat Room
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum