Welcome Back
Harbour View dismiss Waterhouse

Mon 26 Sep 2011 - 10:09 || Welcome Back Wi-owner || Newest user is KrisDeviant || Number of Post 5624 || Site up Days 748

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Harbour View dismiss Waterhouse on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:31 pm



Ryon Jones, Star Writer

Boys' Town's Daemon Benjamin (left) attempts a header against Portmore United's Andrae Campbell during their Digicel Premier League encounter at Collie Smith Drive yesterday. Portmore won 2-1. - Ricardo Makyn

Harbour View put a major dent in the aspirations of title rivals Waterhouse inflicting a massive 3-1 defeat yesterday at the Waterhouse Mini-Stadium.

Rafique Thomas opened the scoring for the Stars of the East in the 23rd minute, Waterhouse pulled level in the 42nd minute, but celebrations were short-lived as Jermaine Hue made it 2-1 in favour of the league leaders in first-half stoppage time, Andre Fagan then made the points safe with another stoppage-time goal in the second half.

It was Waterhouse's first home defeat in 11 games, with their last coming incidentally against Harbour View, a 3-0 first round scoreline, however, on that occasion the Stars of the East were awarded the points and the goal margin, after Waterhouse was deemed to have used an ineligible player. The result moves Harbour View to 51 points, 10 clear of third-place Waterhouse.

Tivoli Gardens stayed within three points of the leaders after clipping neighbours Arnett Gardens 1-0, thanks to a 38th minute penalty from Navion Boyd. This was the Junglists 12th game without a win and has left them rooted at the foot of the table on 23 points.

Portmore United secured their first win in 10 attempts, with a 2-1 victory away to fourth-place Boys' Town. Boys' Town was headed into the lead in the 15th minute by George Vernal, but his effort was cancelled out three minutes later when Portmore's Carlington Smith headed in his team's equaliser.

decisive goal

Mario Swaby then scored the games' decisive goal in the 36th minute to give Portmore three well needed points, which saw them climb out of the relegation zone to ninth on 27 points. Boys' Town stayed grounded on 38 points, after suffering their third-consecutive defeat.

August Town took their first points off St Georges in three meetings this season, after defeating them 2-1 at the UWI Bowl, Mona. The home team took the lead in the 12th minute courtesy of a Daniel Shaw penalty. Delroy James, who came on in the 56th minute scored a peach of a goal in the 73rd minute to put St Georges on level terms. The game then seemed set for a draw but 61st minute substitute Fabian Dawkins found August Town's winner in the 86th minute to break his team's two games losing streak. August Town jumped two places up the table to eight on 28 points, while St Georges remain fifth on 37 points .

Humble Lions winless streak stretched to six games after they played to a 1-1 draw with Sporting Central Academy. Seventh-place Sporting took the lead as early as the third minute, through Hughan Gray but Humble Lions found the equaliser in the 34th minute, thanks to a Denzil Watson strike. Sporting move up to 30 points, while Humble Lion slip to 10th with 27 points.

Village United and Rivoli United played out to a nil-all draw. Rivoli remain sixth on 30 points while Village dropped back into the relegation zone based on goal difference with 27 points.

Boys' Town's Carlos Wright gets caught on the back of Portmore United's Steven Morrisey during their Digicel Premier League clash at Collie Smith Drive yesterday. Portmore won 2-1. - Ricardo Makyn

Face Book Fan Page>>

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum


Chat Room
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion